Links for 9/02/09
- Philiobiblon on Sharon Cadman Seelig’s Autobiography and Gender in Early Modern Literature. A really good introduction to early modern women who wrote autobiographical texts.
- Steven Gunn in the TLS reviews David Starkey’s Henry: Virtuous Prince and Lucy Wooding’s Henry VIII.
- Early Modern Whale on Joseph Glanvill and his attempts to butter up the Duchess of Newcastle.
- The Cynic Sang on Dryden Online, a digital exhibition of selected works by John Dryden.
- Wonders and Marvels on seventeenth-century cookbooks.
- Some gorgeous images from Diapsalmata on the maps of Martin Waldseemüller.
- Some equally wonderful images from the travel journal of a German recruit to the Dutch East India Company, courtesy of BibliOdyssey.